How to make a template Layer in Adobe Illustrator CS6?
To make a template Layer in Adobe illustrator in CS6, you have to follow these steps
- Save an image or logo and save it in a format that an illustrator can import from your image editing program like PhotoShop. Usually, you save the image as a.tif, an .eps or a native, .psd (Photoshop) file,
- Choose Fileà Place to open the place dialog box
- In the place dialog box, locate the store image, then choose the template check box and tap on place
- Re-create the image by tracing over it with the Pen tool
- When it’s done, turn off the visibility of the placed image by selecting the visibility icon to the left of the template layer