Explain the pros and cons of Appium?
- For programmer irrespective of the platform, he is automating ( Android or iOS) all the complexities will remain under single Appium server
- It opens the door to cross-platform mobile testing which means the same test would work on multiple platforms
- Appium does not require extra components in your App to make it automation friendly
- It can automate Hybrid, Web and Native mobile applications
- Running scripts on multiple iOS simulators at the same time is possible with Appium
- It uses UIAutomator for Android Automation which supports only Android SDK platform, API 16 or higher and to support the older API’s they have used another open source library called Selendroid