What bill collectors can’t do while calling customers for debt collection?
Bill collectors can do following things
- Using obscene or abusive language
- Harassing customers with repeated calls
- Calling before 8 am onwards or after 9 p.m.
- Giving wrong amount of your debt
- Calling at office hours even if you asked not to call
- Sharing your debt information to others
- Falsely claiming himself as law enforcement official or credit bureau representative
- Threatening unnecessarily to sue you or seize property unless they actually plan to execute it