How to deal with abusive/slang using customer?
To deal with abusive customers,
- Give a positive response: Assure the customer that you are there to help him and tell them that you require certain information from them to carry forward
- Personalize the conversation: Personalize with the conversation and call the customer by name and refer to their company by name
- Declare your intent and boundaries: Let your customer know that you can solve the problem and their demands are reasonable. You should not allow customer to continue if they are too much aggressive; it’s time to use other strategies
- Transfer the call: The best way is to switch on the call to the most experienced personnel or supervisor. Sooner you transfer the call, the customer will calm down –it’s a natural psychology.
- Discontinue the conversation: Warn customer if he continues with abusive slang you will end the conversation. If the customer is still abusive even after speaking to them politely, it’s better to discontinue the conversation by telling them to contact the customer service complaint department for further discussion.