How do you deal with the question you don’t know the answer that customer asked?
If you don’t know the answer to the questions
- Never say, “I don’t know”. Instead say “ Hold on while I look for the information”
- Tell customer it’s a technical information and requires a specialist, I’ll get back to you shortly with some possible solution
- You can also tell customer like this –
- It’s a timely question and requires some time to gather XYZ information
- As per the latest information what we suggest to you….
- I can answer that in part, but like to consider it further and get back to you
- Do anything else that seems proactive while putting them on hold or passing note to colleagues, you can also keep them engaging by asking questions