What are the advantages of data warehousing?
A data warehousing strategy provides the following advantages :
* Capitalizes on the potential value of the organization’s information.
* Improves the quality and accessibility of data.
* Combines valuable archive data with the latest data in operational sources.
* Increases the amount of information available to users.
* Reduces the requirement of users to access operational data.
* Reduces the strain on IT departments, as they can produce one database to serve all user groups.
* Allows new reports and studies to be introduced without disrupting operational systems.
* Promotes users to be self sufficient.