Explain what is a rubber dam and their advantages?
Rubber dam is a rectangular latex sheet, which is used to cover the area of the mouth except the tooth that is treated. It is used while performing root canal and tooth surgery.
• It prevents bacteria present in saliva to spread out to your tooth
• You don’t get water into your throat
• It helps to keep the tooth dry
• It protects lips, cheeks, and internal part of the mouth while performing surgery
• You can relax your tongue instead of continuously adjusting during surgery
• It protects the throat from possible tooth debris