What are the benefits of spices in food?
Spices not only adds taste to our food, but also give nutritional value
- Rosemary: It contain essential volatile oils and are rich in minerals and vitamin B. It is used for diuretic disorder, to cure flatulence and to treat neuralgic pain, etc.
- Cummins: It contains phytonutrients, essential oil and anti-oxidants
- Bay leaf: It is a very good source of many vitamins like niacin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, etc.
- Cinnamon: It has the highest amount of anti-oxidant than any other source found in nature. It is used as anti-septic for teeth and gum
- Mustard seeds: They are also rich in nutrients, anti-oxidants and B-complex vitamins
- Coriander seeds: It is rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, etc.
- Saffron: It also contains anti-oxidant and anti-depressant properties
- Fenugreek seeds: Fenugreek is a rich source of minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients. Apart from that they are also a rich source of dietary fiber, and it is used to cure digestive problems, reduce cholesterol and bronchitis
- Cloves: It is considered as a good source of vitamins like vitamin A and carotene, but this should be consumed in a small portion as it may cause acidity and burning sensation if taken in excess. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduce blood glucose level in diabetics.
- Cardamom: It contains essential volatile oils, and rich in minerals. It is used as an anti-oxidant