Mention different types of mold, fungus and worm found in lawn and how to deal with it?
Different types of mold you will see
- Slime mold: This type of mold is usually seen in late summer and can be removed by spraying a jet of water
- Red Thread: This is a common lawn disease, where grass appears light orange or reddish in color due to deficiency of nitrogen. Use ammonium sulfate to overcome nitrogen deficiency
- Rust: Rust is like red patches on the leaves, and it appears like iron-rust. There is no chemical treatment for this condition, but regular mowing and removal of clipping will stop it from spreading. Avoid using high nitrogen fertilizer in such condition
- Snow Mold: It is a fungal disease which appears as brownish patches on the lawn. Scarification can reduce the risk
- Ant Nests: It looks ugly on a lawn, and appears like a patch of mud splashed on the grass. Use nematode steinernema feltiae to control the ants.
- Leather jackets and Chafer grubs: They are the insects that the feed on the roots of grass, to eliminate these worms you can use chemical controls
- Fairy rings: It appears like mushroom, and grows in moist climate. Effective chemical can control these fairy rings alternate way to remove this fungus is to dig the affected area by to a depth of 12 inches, and you can replace it with healthy topsoil.