What do I need to know to do load testing in addition to knowing how to use the LoadRunner tool?
In addition to knowing the tool :
– Management aspects of Load Testing, Planning being paramount
– Requirements gathering, Profile/Mix, SLA, Acceptance Criteria….
– an general understanding of the protocol you are working with, developers can be unhelpful
– a basic understanding of C programming
– know that you WILL be working with diminishing timescales and you are really at the END of the lifecycle
– as a result of the above you may have to work unsociable hours including weekends
– Managers and other “Power that be” – “Box tickers” will not understand your plight
– You need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels with different departments from Business to Dev to Sys Test
– voice your problems as soon as possible – Planning Planning
– Fail to Plan – Plan to FAIL