Mention who should not take massage therapy?
A patient who is under following treatment or medication should avoid massage therapy or consult a physician before taking massage therapy.
• Blood Thinners: It may result in bruising with heavy pressure or deep tissue work
• Blood Pressure Medication: It can result in low blood pressure or uneasiness upon sitting or standing after massage
• Topical drugs such as hormone or antibiotic creams: There are a chance that the cream or oil used for massage might interfere with the client’s absorption of the medication
• Injectable medication: Massage therapist should avoid the injection site, specially patient with insulin, as it might interfere with how drug is absorbed
• Pain Killers: A massage therapist should stick with low-pressure massage if the patient is on painkiller.