Mention the difference between Apache Ant and Maven?
Apache Ant Maven
• Ant is a toolbox – Maven is a framework
• Ant does not have formal conventions like project directory structure – Maven has conventions
• Ant is procedural; you have to tell to compile, copy and compress – Maven is declarative ( information on what to make & how to build)
• Ant does not have lifecycle; you have to add sequence of tasks manually – Maven has a lifecycle
• Ant scripts are not reusable – Maven plugins are reusable