How you can access AOL e-mail account with Outlook?
To set up an AOL e-mail account in Outlook
- Select tools, from account settings in the main menu in Outlook
- Go to the e-mail tab option and then click NEW
- Ensure that Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP is selected
- Click Next
- Type your name and enter your full AOL e-mail address
- Click next, and after that make sure internet E-mail is selected
- Click next again
- Now select IMAP under account type
- Under incoming mail server type “imap.aol.com”
- Under outgoing mail server (SMTP) enter “smtp.aol.com”
- Enter your AOL screen name under user name and then enter your AOL password
- Tap on more settings and go to outgoing server tab
- Make sure “My outgoing server” (SMTP) request authentication is checked
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab, under server port numbers type “587” for outgoing server (SMTP). After that click OK, now click Next and then click Finish and then click close.